5 INSTAGRAM REEL TIPS | THE CREATIVE MOMPRENEURS IN SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Instagram just announced that it will no longer be a photo sharing app and it will instead focus on all video content and caroussel posts. This is really scary for a lot of creatives who solely posted images because they don't feel comfortable with video.
Don't panic here! It will take time to as on how Instagram will transition from the "square sharing photo app" to where they want to be: a general entretainment app. This is the perfect time to start transitioning your business as well.
Also Instagram will still allow you to post images but if you want to organically reach your niche and stay on top of the algorithm you will need to start posting: Videos, Reels, IGTV, and/or caroussels (a series of images.)
I love reels because in my opinion is way less scary than going live. Your original sound will be muted unless you add a voice over, which can be scripted (awesome right!?) As long as you plan and have an idea of what you'd like to share through reels, they will be pretty easy to make.
To be honest video can be scary and it takes time to get comfortable so be kind to yourself!
Here are 5 tips to get your reels started:
1. BE ORIGINAL- if you are not a dancer then you don't have to dance, period. Don't be intimidated by other people's reels you do you and what you know, show off your talents, whether its dancing, whisling, singing, just be yourself.
2. SAVE ORIGINAL AUDIOS- I spend maybe an hour a week scrolling down through reels for original cool audios and save them for later. You can also create your own original audio (blog coming soon.) This will save you lots of time.
3. WRITE DOWN YOUR IDEAS- you have no idea how many hours I saved by writing down my reel ideas. Write down what you'd like to showcase: what do you do, introduction, why your business is unique, etc. You can use evergreen content from your blogs and newsletters as well.
4. PRACTICE- if you are feeling uneasy about this whole thing practice! Practice in front of your mirror, practice in front of your loved ones, you can even record the reel and download it without posting it.
5. BE RELEVANT AND TO THE POINT- have you seen those reels that have a ton of caption and can barely read them? yeah me too, I may have done a few too. Make sure your reels are straight to the point, don't overcrow text in captions instead use your post caption to explain your reel more, any offers, etc.
READY TO TRANSITION YOUR BUSINESS TO REELS? DOWNLOAD THIS FREE WORKSHEET
The Creative Mompreneurs is a conference for mom entrepreneurs and solopreneurs in the San Antonio, Texas area and surroundings.